About Searching For A Job (Part 2/2)
At the beginning of July, I posted a blog post that I had written months ago giving you lots of tips and tricks for finding a new job.
I am so sorry if you still find yourself out of a job!
Routine is Key
- Keep getting up early in mornings like you are going to work.
- Looking for a job is a job in itself.
- Make sure to look at particular job boards on a weekly basis.
- Take note of local businesses that may be hiring.
- Delivery businesses like Uber Eats are nearly always hiring.
- You do not want a year gap of unemployment on your resume if you can help it.
- Volunteer on a regular basis. (Make sure and add any volunteer work to your LinkedIn profile and resume.)
- Retrain for a job in a different career field.
Have an Open Mind
If you have been looking for a new job for months and months, what do you have to lose by looking at retraining in a completely different career field?
After all, looking in your current field has not landed you a job.
What career field requires your skill set? There may be more than one.
- If you could work anywhere, where would you work?
- What does the perfect job look like for you?
What is stopping you from using this time to reach these career goals?
Yes, you may have to take a part time to full time job (temporarily) to pay for educating yourself in order to change jobs. Why not do it now?
Make a Plan
This is so important!
Once you have decided what job or career to pursue, make a plan.
You need to have a clear picture and knowledge of how you can achieve success in finding a new job or shifting into a new career.
Every day is not necessarily going to be easy going filled with motivation.
When you create a great plan with goals all along the way, it will be more encouraging for you to see progress and this in itself is motivation for you to keep going!