Necessities of Business
As a small business owner, creating your brand through social media marketing comes with so many ups and downs.
- What channels should you be on?
- How do you create meaningful content?
- What types of posts would resonate with potential & new followers?
- How do you continue to reach your existing audience?
You know that social media is a free and valuable marketing tool. At the same time, it’s a blessing and curse. Am I right? Lol!
For The Introverts
I have written this post specifically for my fellow introverts after experiencing first-hand difficulties in keeping up with all my social media channels.
Hope this helps you find more joy in your branding journey!
#1 – Easy
If you find yourself struggling to keep up with posting on your social media channels it may be time to simplify your social media strategy. You’ve got to keep in mind that your followers and audience will count on you to show up on a regular basis.
Being consistent with types of content: what subjects you share and your look and feel is how you create your brand.
With so many social media channels, it may be hard for you to choose which one is the best for you.
- Do some research. Compare your brand to other similar brands to uncover what social media channel they primarily use.
- Pick one channel that you feel the most comfortable using.
#2 – Envision
In order to have content to share with your audience on a regular basis, you need to have a vision about what subject matter you want to share.
- What are you passionate about?
- Do you own a business?
- Do you blog?
Use this as a foundation for all your content.
#3 – Enlighten
The best way to continue gaining more followers is through education.
What I look for when I follow someone on Instagram is:
- Fun content
- Fresh content
- More content relating back to that person
All the while, I am learning about you, your talents, & what you are passionate about.
Tips & Tricks
- If you need to learn how to maximize the value of each social media channel, YouTube is a great place to start. Personally, I follow the Social Media Examiner.
- After you pick your main social media channel, I highly recommend that you sign up for Pinterest! You can pin all your content.
- You never know who will see it.
- You won’t ever have to spend extra time coming up with content.
- Just pin & go!
You can do it!
Need some help in simplifying your social media branding strategy?