The cooler weather has been incredible. I have taken advantage!
Yesterday, I sat outside for about 20mins watching a family of cardinals hanging out around the bird feeders in the backyard.
Cardinals are so so pretty! The male always wakes me up around 6AM singing his little heart out. Every single day I’m thinking, ‘How can you be so perky without caffeine?’. Really?!?
When I was sitting outside today, I saw a blue heron fly on by.
Take some time to enjoy the little things around you like the flowers and the birds.
My mom’s rose bushes have exploded. So beautiful! Wanted to share.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!
Until next time…
Admit it, if you are like me, you constantly pick up items for DIY projects.
Here are my DIY projects that I have yet to do:
- Scrapbook from my trip to Disney World – from the 9th grade. I was really excited about this project (at the time). Seriously, all the supplies for this DIY scrapbook are still in a box. Laugh if you must…
- Yarn – I have yarn galore. There are so many different thing that I could crochet. Honestly, it is a little warm here in Texas. Any DIY’s involving yarn are not high on my list.
- Painting – I have acrylic paint along with two different size canvases to paint on.
- Spring Cleaning – clean out my closet, organize everything, go through everything – set aside what I have not been using for the last year. Obvious factor – everything you want to donate will have to sit for awhile. (Unless it is canned goods in your pantry, lots of missions and local food pantries are running low on basic items. Just FYI.)
- As you are going through your clothes for spring cleaning, are there any with holes that need fixing? any with missing buttons? – You have plenty of time now to fix all your clothes so they are like new again. 🙂
- Hemp and beads – I could use these supplies to make all sorts of jewelry items.
- Copy recipes – My mom has given me a recipe box that has been stored away. This is great time to email or talk to that person who made whatever dish that you loved so much and copy down the recipe. I have a lot that I need to write out.
- Redecorate – use what you already have to redecorate. Have you stored spring decor items away in your attic or closet. When I was reorganizing my closet (No, I have not finished yet.), I discover a lot of decor items stored away. Get creative!
These are my main projects on my DIY list. What are yours?
Homework: Make a list of DIY projects you have all the stuff to complete and yet never have. 🙂
Until next time,
I love winter! Mainly because in Texas it is the only time of the year that I can wear layers, cute sweaters, and scarves.
Spring is a fun season too! Bringing in flowers of all colors and birds of all kinds.
Today, I sat and watched as a handful of different species of birds (cardinals, woodpecker, and finches) ate and ate from the feeders in the backyard. It was so relaxing and entertaining to see all the different birds in action.
In times of uncertainty, it is an amazing reminder of what a creative and faithful God I serve.
(I tried to get a few pics with my Nikon, but the battery was completely dead. Oh,well!)
Until next time…
Did you take the test and find what your word is for 2020? Please share with me in the comments section. I would love to know. 🙂
If not, here is the link again. – Click Here to find your word.
My word for 2020 is ‘Bloom’.
I have learned so much in these last few years. They have been difficult seasons that have resulted in fruitful living. This word is very appropriate for the next season of my life. I know God will continue to grow me in ways that I do not expect.
Let me encourage you in whatever season that you in.
Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. – 2 Corinthians 13:11
Here is to 2020!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin